The Cricket Hub Project
The Cricket Hub Project – Mercy Education
RMG was engaged by Mercy Education (Catherine McAuley College) to assist Catherine McAuley College and the City of Greater Bendigo to develop a Sporting Precinct at the Coolock Campus located in Junortoun, this included the development of a Cricket Hub. This Cricket Hub built on to the sporting hub proposal and strategically aligned with Cricket Victoria’s needs in the region as follows:
Increase of social and economic value of the game for communities
- Creates pathways from junior levels to high performance levels;
- Utilises existing infrastructure to maximise economic value; and
- Provides integration with proposed future sporting facilities at the site.
Attends to an inadequate supply of suitable facilities
- Creates an indoor facility that can be used all year round to develop pathways from junior levels to high performance levels.
Provides Cricket Australia Administrative Space
- Includes the construction of a new dedicated Cricket Australia Administrative Centre within the proposed Regional Cricket Hub.
This project included the following:
- Construction of new pavilion (Stage 1 of overall proposed facility)
- Installation of lights;
- Installation of synthetic flooring;
- Installation of nets to create 6 x pitches;
- Construction of new administrative space; and
- Establish connectivity with sporting ovals.
RMG worked together with Mercy Education, The City of Greater Bendigo, Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria to provide a cricket hub which integrates with the existing school and future sporting hub. RMG was able to achieve this by bringing together its specialist Project Managers to provide a holistic approach to realising the Cricket Hub Project.